Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

Dot Target for the AR-15

If you have followed this blog much you have seen a Dot Torture target. The version of Dot Torture that I use was created by Todd Green, and is an excellent pistol fundamentals drill. Someone over at pistol-forum.com came with a great idea, why not create a similar target to be shot with an AR-15? While you could technically use the original Dot Torture target and just change some of the strings of fire, it isn't an ideal solution. So I decided to make my own version of a dot target for the AR-15.



I am still in the testing phase to see if I like it, or what changes need to be made.It is designed to be printed on a standard sheet of paper, which is one of the things that I think is so great about the pistol-training.com version. The downside is that in order to do that, the dot size has to be fairly small (3"), which limits just how far away I can actually shoot it from. Still a work in progress. If anyone has any input, feel free to leave a comment.

1 comment: