Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

VTAC Half & Half

Anytime I have a spare 30 rounds, the VTAC Half & Half is one of my favorite carbine drills...really for no other reason than it plays to my strength, pressing the trigger really fast. It is not a difficult drill for me to pass, in fact I have even doubled the distances while keeping the same time constraints and target size and still passed. It is all about keeping the gun flat so your sight picture doesn't go away and pressing the trigger as fast as you can (especially at the 5 yard line). This is a run with iron sights. It speeds up a little with optics.


The way that I approach recoil management on the carbine is different from what I have heard a lot of other people are using. I actually use the same technique that I use on the shotgun. My primary shooting hand (right for me) is pulling the gun back into the shoulder and my support hand (left) is actually applying forward muscle tension. Almost like I am trying to stretch the gun. I don't know why I started doing it that way, I just did, and it seems to work. I have had a few other guys try it and they have noted increased control of the gun as well. If you have never tried it before, give it a shot and let me know how it worked out in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment