Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Goals

I haven't had as much time to keep up with the blog lately, but thought I would take a minute to write about goal setting, and what they can do for a performance driven shooter. I have had a few shooting related goals for a while now, a consistent sub 1 second draw, a consistent sub 2 second reload, a sub 2 second Bill Drill, and a sub 2.5 second draw to a steel popper at 50 yards. I haven't quite attained all of those goals, but I am getting closer. As an example, if you reference this post from May of 2012, my reloads with the same Glock 22 I am shooting now average just over 2 seconds. Compare that to this video, shot a couple weeks ago on the range at a USPSA A-zone.


That is fairly representative of my reloads, hovering in the 1.75 to 1.80 range most of the time. Now instead of a plus 2 second reload being the norm, it is the exception.

Here are videos of all the others. I am not there on all of them, but getting closer.




The improvements are slow coming, and require a lot of training investment getting there, but that is the way this game is played. As we become better shooters, the small incremental improvements take more effort and energy.

2 comments:

  1. Strong goals and strong movement toward them. Great to see the update. Train hard & stay safe!

    ReplyDelete