Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

50 Yard Work

Part of my criteria for a carry gun is being able to hit a "man sized" target from 50yd. To me, being able to employ a handgun from at least 50 yards should be a minimum standard. I have since raised my personal standard of performance to being able to keep 10 rounds in a USPSA A-zone from 50 yards, no time limit. I gave it a shot with the R1 a few days ago. I was a little concerned because I had noticed while inspecting the gun that the rear sight is pushed over the left slightly. It is just barely off center, but anticipated it might push the shots left a little.

Honestly, I don't think it did. At least not enough for me to care. Here are my results with one obvious flyer.

The sad part to me is I don't remember calling that flyer in the D-zone through the sights. Not seeing the mistake as it happens means I cannot address the problem because I don't know what it was. More work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment