Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Zombie Max 12ga Shotgun Ammo

I dig zombies...I am a The Walking Dead fan...so when Hornady released their Zombie Max line of ammunition, (after I got up off the floor from laughing) I began wondering if it was anything special. I assumed that underneath that flashy package was a basic buckshot load with nothing noteworthy hidden inside.


When I saw a box at one of the big box sports stores in my area I thought it would be worth the $10 to see what was under all the flash. After I performed an impromptu autopsy on one of the shells I was delighted to find Hornady's Versa-Tite wad hiding under all the glam.

Now shotgun ammo is pretty straight forward, there isn't much you can do it to really make it shine above all the rest. There are only a couple loads on the market that stand above the rest, at least when talking about buckshot. Those are the Federal loads with the Flite-Control wad and the Hornady loads with the Versa-Tite wad. Both wads are essentially the same, and have the same function.

As noted in an earlier post, the Federal Flite-Control wad delivers tight patterns out of a bolts and nuts basic Mossberg 500 at 15 yards compared to the average 00 buck load. The Hornady rendition does the same. 



1 comment:

  1. shotguns ammo it's solid ammo for shooting.your blog content awesome and informative.thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete