Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Importance of Dry-Fire

Dry fire is a critical component of any training program. There is no better way to learn how to properly manipulate the trigger because the shooter has visual feedback through the entire press. In live fire the recoil of the gun does not allow for that same level of visual feedback.

Instead of reinventing the wheel, here are a couple links to some very good information on dry fire. Anyone who is serious about skill building should utilize some type of dry fire practice.

P-T.com Dry Fire Routine
Handgun Accuracy Fundamentals: Trigger Control

2 comments:

  1. I'm a firm believer in it as well, definitely helped me. Then I saw an interview with Mike Voigt who said he rarely ever dry fired growing up....he made up for it by shooting 2,000 rounds a week....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, if I could shoot 2k a week I probably wouldn't do much dry fire either :)

    Man that would be pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete