Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

BERETTA DOWN...Sorta

Screw head and shank.
I pulled my Beretta 96D apart the other day to change out a couple springs and give it a "deep cleaning". This was my first time taking it apart that far, and my first time trying to replace some of the more difficult springs. Accomplished that with no problems, then tightening down the last grip screw...it snapped! So, I have to order a new grip screw and probably the more difficult part is going to be getting the broken screw out. It is really a minor problem that in a pinch could probably be fixed with a well placed piece of uber tactical 100mph tape. The Beretta will be down for a couple weeks just because I am too busy right now to mess with it. Work has me all over the place. Until then, I will be pulling out the Glock.

No comments:

Post a Comment