Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Part-Time Sabbatical

If anyone has noticed, I haven't been reported much about actual shooting as consistently as I have in the past. I have backed off for a little while because I am getting close to that burnout stage where I just get bored with it and lose focus. This is usually where I would sell my current primary handgun and get another one to mix it up and keep it fresh for a little while longer, but I am locked into the 96D until I make master class. I will still be shooting, but not as much and not all pistol. I will probably start mixing in some other platforms to add a little spice to life. The plan is to pick the pace back up in mid to late April.

I did shoot a match over the weekend, but I used my G22 instead of the 96D as a continuation of my 96D vs. G22 experiment. I wanted to see how they compared in match conditions and not just in training. I don't think there is any real difference performance wise. I feel more comfortable behind the Glock, but that is just because Glocks are what I know and the whole point of shooting a Beretta is to try and change that.

As for the match, I didn't do as well as I would have liked (scores). I had a few mental errors and was pushing too hard which cost me in the long run. I had some missed shots that I know I am capable of making and I really struggle with anything that requires tactical sequence. I don't agree with the concept of it, but I should still be able to shoot it. My brain is just not wired that way apparently.

The only other shooting I have really done recently other than the match is a little shotgun practice.

1 comment:

  1. I understand completely. It seems like every few months I get bored, especially if I'm not shooting that often and not seeing progress. But once I practice a bit and shoot well at a match I'm hooked again. I think some down time is a good thing for most people.

    ReplyDelete