Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dryfire

I have always been a big believer in the value of dryfire practice, but never consistently executed a dryfire plan. My goal this week is to make it through ToddG's dryfire routine posted on pistol-training.com. Since Monday is already gone, I will start with Tuesday's routine and go until next Tuesday. Right now, I am just shooting for one week of solid dryfire, after that I will re-evaluate and see about continuing it further. I obviously have some glaring weak points, my reloads!!!

4 comments:

  1. I had the best of intentions with that a couple of weeks ago. I barely made it through the first day. It was surprisingly tiring. A nap was all I could think about at the end. On the other hand it will definitely help if you can stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it through day 1. I just put my ipod on shuffle and treated it like a run.

    1.10 reps of Wall Drill from press-out, 2H
    2.20 reps of Wall Drill from the holster, 2H
    3.5 reps of Wall Drill from the holster, SHO
    4.5 reps of Wall Drill from the holster, WHO
    5.10 reps draw & fire at 3/4 speed, 2H
    6.10 reps draw & fire, slow, 2H

    (above copied from pistol-training.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made it through day two.

    1.10 reps of Wall Drill from press-out, 2H
    2.20 reps reload from slidelock, slow, 2H
    3.20 reps reload from slidelock, 3/4 speed, 2H
    4.10 reps reload from slidelock, slow, 2H
    5.10 reps of Wall Drill from press-out, 2H

    Didn't get to day three, which would have been:

    1.20 reps of Wall Drill from extension, 2H
    2.5 reps of Wall Drill from extension, SHO
    3.5 reps of Wall Drill from extension, WHO
    4.20 reps of Wall Drill from press-out, 2H
    5.5 reps of Wall Drill from press-out, SHO
    6.5 reps of Wall Drill from press-out, WHO

    I will try to get this one in later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got day 3 in.

    I am really sucking at this consistency thing :)

    ReplyDelete