Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Spring Update

Well, I ordered new magazine springs the other day, thinking the malfunctions I had with the heavier recoil springs could actually be magazine related. To support this theory, I ran about 100 rounds through the Beretta yesterday on my newer magazines and it ran fine with the 15lb recoil spring. My new magazine springs finally arrived in the mail, and I compared them to the old springs in the who knows how old 10 round magazines I have been using as training magazines.

Old spring on top, new spring on bottom.
As you can tell from the picture, hhuuuuugggggeeeeeeee difference. The new spring isn't quite twice as long, but pretty close. It took some crafty engineering to get all that spring crammed into a 10 round magazine!! I will run the magazines with new springs early next week and report, but I suspect no function issues will be present.

No comments:

Post a Comment